[rp-ml] VRAP

From: Terry Wohlers <tw_at_wohlersassociates.com>
Date: Mon Sep 28 2009 - 23:52:25 EEST

Dr. Paulo Bartolo of Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (Leiria, Portugal) is unable to access the rp-ml, so he has asked me to forward the following. I hope you can attend this important event. Dr. Bartolo and his team do an outstanding job with this conference.

Cheers,

Terry

************
Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park
1511 River Oak Drive
Fort Collins, Colorado 80525 USA
970-225-0086
Fax 970-225-2027
tw@wohlersassociates.com
http://wohlersassociates.com

Dear Colleagues

I would like to invite you to participate in the 4th International Conference on Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping (www.vrap.ipleiria.pt), which will be held by the Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development at Leiria, Portugal on October 6-10, 2009. We are expecting participants from 26 Countries. The VRAP Programme can be accessed through VRAP website. 17 Keynote speakers from United States, Europe, Japan, Singapore and Australia will be present. On October 6, we will host the 7th Rapid Manufacturing Platform Meeting (www.rm-platform.com).

We will also offer Distinguished Industrial and Academic Awards to three eminent persons for their remarkable contribution towards the international development of the fields of Virtual Prototyping and Physical Prototyping. These notable people are:

- Academic Career Award: Prof. Alain Bernard, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France

- Academic/Industrial Career Award: Prof. Jean-Pierre Kruth, KU Leuven, Belgium

- Industrial Career Award: Mr. Scott Crump, Stratasys, USA

VRAP Organising Committee will provide a bus transfer from Lisbon Airport to Leiria as follows:

October 5, Departure from Lisbon Airport at 6 pm

October 6, Departure from Lisbon Airport at 11:30 am

Permanent staff will be at Lisbon Airport on October 5 (all day) and October 6 (in the morning). Our staff will be in the front of the Departure gate with a VRAP Poster. Once you have arrived, if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us through the VRAP mobile phone number: +351 913925509.

Hoping to see you at Leiria.

Kind Regards

Paulo Bártolo