[rp-ml] STL 2.0: ASTM survey on requirements for a new Rapid Prototyping file format - please provide your input

From: Hod Lipson <HL274_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 22:57:21 EEST

The ASTM Committee on Additive Manufacturing Standards would like to solicit
your input on requirements for a new Rapid Prototyping file format. The
de-facto standard STL file format has served the rapid prototyping community
for over two decades, but falls short with the advent of many new
technological developments in the field. We are soliciting your input as to
key features that you believe are essential to the success of this new data
exchange format. We are interested in hearing the points of view of all
stakeholders - from RP equipment manufacturers, to CAD developers, designers
and service providers.

Please help us by completing the following brief online survey:

http://www.mae.cornell.edu/lipson/stl2.htm

To stay informed or participate in the discussion beyond this survey, please
join the discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/stl2

Sincerely,

Hod Lipson

Chair of ASTM F42 subcommittee on file formats

Associate Prof, Cornell University

Email: Hod.Lipson@cornell.edu

http://www.mae.cornell.edu/lipson