Re: [rp-ml] A thesis about 3d-printing

From: Rachel Park <rachelp_at_rp-editorialservices.co.uk>
Date: Mon Nov 16 2009 - 11:17:23 EET

Another "cheap" alternative on the 3D Printing market is the RapMan
(build it yourself) and RapMan Pro (fully constructed), two platforms
that are proving to be commercially competitive at the lower end of
the market. Here in the UK, these 3D printers are causing a stir due
to their price / performance ratio. I have seen many veterans from
this industry (academia and industry) view this technology in action
during the last couple of months and found their reactions fascinating
as their preconceived ideas of what the RapMan is capable of are
challenged head on.

Uptake has grown throughout 2009, and specific applications are
starting to emerge, I am certain that many more will follow.

Rachel Park | RP Editorial Services
e: rachelp@rp-editorialservices.co.uk
w: www.rp-editorialservices.co.uk