[rp-ml] clear coat for SLA parts

From: Anderson, Theodore E. (MSFC-EM40)[Raytheon - Jacobs] <theodore.e.anderson_at_nasa.gov>
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 19:40:07 EET

Does anyone have a clear coat he or she would recommend to spray on SLA parts? I've tried about a dozen different brands of lacquers, polyurethanes that don't seem to do a great job. The only thing that I found that works really well is an extremely hazardous two part epoxy that I have to coat the part with using a brush (I would much prefer to spray the part). Plus if you get that stuff on your skin it almost instantly blisters your skin...

Ted Anderson
Rapid Prototyping Lab
Raytheon
Jacobs MSFC ESTS Contract