[rp-ml] Re: clear coat for SLA parts.. email problems still

From: Lino P. Stavole <lino_at_creaturecompany.com>
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 22:59:34 EET

This is a bit of a low tech solution but Michael's crafts sell two products
in particular that may be helpful.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc0509

This is a catalyzed polyester resin that can be sprayed with a gel coat gun.

Also barstool or Tabletop epoxy is not as caustic as the stuff you
described. You can find some of that here

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/d_clear.html

I do remember Michael's selling a brand similar but I couldn't find it on
their website.

You can try a dip method to coat your piece. All of these products yellow
due to UV. For long term use you may want to find a UV blocker.

Did you try using Krylon Crystal Clear High gloss?

On a side note I am still having problems posting to the mailing list with
many of my emails never posting

Lino P. Stavole

The Creature Company

www.creaturecompany.com <http://www.creaturecompany.com/>

mail@creaturecompany.com

cell: 661-433-5283

Image_342

Important:

This e-mail transmission, including any previous messages or attachments to
it, is covered by the Electronic Communications Act, 18 U.S.C 2210-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. This E-mail contains information
that is private, confidential, or is protected by confidentiality or
non-disclosure product doctrines, and is intended only for the use of the
individuals(s) names herein. If you are not the intended recipient, be
advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the
taking of any action in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this E-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this E-mail, and delete the original message any
attachments mail@creaturecompany.com.