Re: [rp-ml] STL File

From: G. Sachs <sachsg_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Jan 04 2010 - 19:02:16 EET

Is this REALLY the best way to start the new year?? IMO, anyone thinking that it's perfectly OK to take the time to model, fabricate and/or "peddle" the likeness of a TERRORIST - is just plain nuts (sorry for being so blunt)! Why would anyone (in their right mind) want to, in any way, enshrine a terrorist or even offer others an image of them - for any purpose (even to burn in effigy)? And I don't think the RPML should become overly concerned about encouraging freedom of "commercial speech". I also agree with Greg P. that it also shouldn't get too obsessed with trying to come up with catchy new phrases for RP, instead of focusing on its underlying science/technology. And to those trying to (pathetically) make lemonaid out of this 'lemon of a posting', why not just change the heading and start off a fresh discussion of how to model facial images?

So, NO, I don't want an STL file of the "Detroit Bomber" (But I might like something a little more positive to start the new year related to Detroit, like maybe something along the lines of a new car or engine STL).

G. Sachs
Paradyme Systems