Re: [rp-ml] free STL Files and other (free) things we wish for in the new year

From: Fast 3D di Saleri Stefano <stefano.saleri_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Fri Jan 08 2010 - 09:50:54 EET

I think that in the long run, in todays world of doing business, most of us
are obliged to earn to survive. Reprap could not have started without money
and cannot continue to survive and improve without it. So what's the
problem, we are all out there in competing with and agianst each other, why,
to make money or generate business and survive, and if you enjoy what you do
all the better, but I sincerly beleive that the bottom line is to beat your
direct competitor in an honest and most ethical way possible of course.

Dr Adrian Bowyer wrote:
> Lino, didn't you know that you can do /almost/ the same things with the
> /almost free/ RepRap, as you can with an /expensive/ Objet :-) ? Welcome
> to the "brave new world" of free everything!

Companies that have invested large sums of money in the AM world cannot
decide not to pay their monthly leasing rates and lose market share because
some other cheap or free technology is advertised as a similar technology. I
find this type of publicity unfair and this as far as I am concerned is not
acceptable

Regards
Stefano Saleri
FAST 3D