Re: [rp-ml] free STL Files and other (free) things we wish for in the new year

From: <thomas_at_small-architecture.com>
Date: Sat Jan 09 2010 - 02:48:10 EET

Hi Elaine,

I believe that, particularly within the realm of design and architecture, AM
has, or at least is beginning to take, substantial strides...

The work by Digifab, Complex Matters, Freedom of Creation, etc. are creating
things that are inherently dependent and directly catalyzed by the various AM
processes. The same can be said regarding some of the projects exploring larger
scale AM processes - the Wonderwall project at Loughborough, Contour Crafting in
Southern California or, perhaps most promisingly, the D-Shape technology in
Italy... All very exciting stuff...
For examples for some, somewhat idiosyncratic work that also applies to the
aforementioned, I've included a link to the smArchitecture
blog: http://smarchitecture.blogspot.com/search/label/Additive%20Manufacturing%c2

Best,

Tom

Thomas Modeen  PhD  AA Dipl  MPhil (RCA)  BFA  SAFA
Director
smArchitecture
Kuwait/ London
http://smarchitecture.blogspot.com%c2