[rp-ml] Purging of The List: The Time Has Come

From: Seppo J Niemi <zaphod_at_ameba.lpt.fi>
Date: Fri Feb 05 2010 - 12:44:48 EET

Hello everybody,

enough time has passed since I requested confirmations to remain
subscribed to the list. I'm confident that most of you who still wish
to receive the rp-ml, have sent your confirmations and it is time to
clean the list of obsolete addressess.

There have been some problems, though. Some have not received the
confirmation request, for a variety of reasons, most of which are
related to poorly implemented spam filtering techniques. And also some
of the confirmation replies have been so encoded that my script may
not have recognized the confirmation address line (it is a bad idea in
general to use any encoding other than text/plain in normal email
correspondence. It is a waste of resources and sometimes a potential
security risk (but this is probably a topic for another time and place)).

I will deploy the new list of addresses a few hours after sending this
article and then I will send a reply to this particular thread. If you
receive both of them, everything is fine and the world is just a
little better place than it was before. If you only receive this
message and not the reply, you probably will have to resubscribe to
the list or contact me directly so I can check what's the problem.

But please, before you do anything, wait until Monday. Even though
email is supposed to be an instantaneous form of communication, delays
do occur.

In the meantime, have a nice weekend.

//zaphod