RE: [rp-ml] Solido Rumor

From: <p.smith7_at_lancaster.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Feb 08 2010 - 16:53:54 EET

I think that in the same way that 2D printers can be large format plotters
or home/office desktop printers the Solido falls into the desktop 3D
printer category. It seems more versatile, hinges, snap fits, etc, than
say a zcorp 310 but I would still take a 310 if I had the space.
Especially with the additional expense of the value pack for the Solido. I
don't agree with the Solido sold as having rapid or additive manufacturing
capability as the website claims. When we talk about AM the most popular
technology seems to be SLS. Doesn't share any similarity to 2D printing
and certainly isn't desktop.

I think the Solido is a good example of what a 3D printer should be.

Paul