Re: [rp-ml] How could RP & RM help in solving BP's Gulf Catastrophe?

From: G. Sachs <sachsg_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 22:25:47 EEST

Jaquiss,

Unfortunately, the immense pressures at that depth (up to 20,000 psi) do not allow the use if any kind of flexible hose. Any fitting at that depth will have to be made from hardened metal, such as stainless steel or titanium. Such fittings may be able to be produced using rapid prototyping techniques however.

Regards,
G. Sachs