Re: [rp-ml] Question about rp-ml

From: Brock Hinzmann <bhinzmann_at_sbi-i.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2010 - 21:20:03 EET

I am still looking in, mainly to see if there are new applications for
3-D printing and direct digital manufacturing.

I had a Facebook account, but I canceled it. Just too much time and too
out of control.

Although I somehow got my name on some other social nets, the only one I
use is LinkedIn. I agree with Steven, I don't go to LinkedIn as often as
I go to email. One advantage of LinkedIn might be to see the backgrounds
of some of the other participants, their other professional links,
professionals societies they belong to, and so forth. Also, if someone
changes jobs, emails, etc., it gets updated for all of that persons
links. There are special group listings and RP-ML would be one of those.
It could be someone needs to moderate it to admit new members, or maybe
it's done automatically. I believe you can also designate an email
contact for mailings, like RP-ML.

Whether or not RP-ML decides to go that way, some of you may want to
link on LinkedIn anyway.

Brock Hinzmann
Technology Navigator