[rp-ml] College and University Education and Research @ Wohlers Report 2011

From: Ismail Fidan <IFidan_at_tntech.edu>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2011 - 05:10:01 EET

Hi:

I am working with Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Associates to include an important section in Wohlers Report 2011, a worldwide study on the developments and trends in additive manufacturing (AM). The section, titled College and University Education and Research, provides a summary of activities from institutions around the world. I am seeking input from educational and research institutions that are involved with AM.

Please submit a brief (50-75 word) summary that describes your primary research and/or educational focus and any noteworthy or recent advancements, announcements, or breakthroughs at your institution. The comments should be related to AM. The following is an example summary from Wohlers Report 2010.

University of Nottingham, UK: Within the Faculty of Engineering's Manufacturing Research Division, the Laser Processing Group has a number of projects in the area of laser-based additive manufacturing including process control development and materials qualification. In the Manufacturing Research Division, the Precision Manufacturing Center's research in additive manufacturing is focused on the micro and nanoscale for microsystems and novel biomedical structures. Contact: Joel Segal, joel.segal@nottingham.ac.uk

Would you please provide the summary by February 20, 2011 (the latest) I would appreciate it very much. Let me know if anything is unclear.

Best regards,

Ismail Fidan, PhD
Director, NSF RRPL Laboratory
Tennessee Tech University
920 N. Peachtree Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38505-5003
USA
(931) 372-6298
ifidan@tntech.edu <mailto:ifidan@tntech.edu>

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please permanently delete it from your computer system and contact the sender.