[rp-ml] Innovation in America

From: Ken Kalinoski <ken_at_100hillrock.com>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 20:01:35 EET

I work in several technology areas - including Commercialization. I see
innovation as being alive and well - up and down the spectrum. NASA is
flush with patents oriented towards "other worlds" and a few smart folks are
adapting those to terrestrial apps - including RPM. My son - a 3rd year
Ocean Structural Engineer at Texas A&M is filing for his first patent in
deep water energy exploitation. Will it be huge money? Dunno. The key is
to get college students thinking they can create and innovate just like
Ford, Edison, Zuckerberg, etc. All I know is he is excited enough to draft
30 pages of documentation on an idea - on top of a HUGE course workload.
with TONS of MATH, MATLAB, etc. Yes - engineers today enter the workplace
with the theories, principles and applied Computer Science apps like MATLAB.

I'd say the key here is to get people involved in the creation &
documentation process of inventions. There is a great need for
offensive/defensive patent holdings which go along with Innovation.

Just another opinion. Thanks.

Ken

Ken Kalinoski

Hill Rock Consulting LLC