Re: [rp-ml] Lithophane Software?

From: G. Sachs <sachsg_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 23:55:28 EEST

If you have a 3D CAD file you can just convert it to an STL file. I think Rhino
and other packages might have special third party software available to create
height maps as 3D CAD models. It can also take a point field and create surfaces
that cover these. Those surfaces can then be converted to STL (after adding a
bottom plane first to close the model and make it a valid STL).

G. Sachs
Paradyme Systems USA