Re: [rp-ml] Lithophane Software?

From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel_at_ymail.com>
Date: Mon May 09 2011 - 13:04:58 EEST

You can do this in Materialise Magics. They have a Create from Bitmap selection. I have done this many times. Built parts on Objet and FDM. I have used color, sketches and black and white. From: Chuck Stapleton <chuck@churtle.com> To: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2011 1:09 PM Subject: [rp-ml] Lithophane Software? Hello everyone, I've been trying to find software that can create lithophane STL files from 2d images?  The only thing I could find so far is a Photoshop function that converts a grascale image into 3d height maps... Anyone else have any suggestions from 3d image to lithophane stl? Thanks, -Chuck