Re: [rp-ml] 3D Printing for Medical Research

From: Dr. Glass DPM <glass.dpm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2011 - 22:54:31 EEST

Crispin,

I understand what you are saying. I may have needed to clarify my intentions with this project more specifically. I intend to publish results, in surgical journals, of these techniques being performed in the lower extremity, for the diseases mentioned (specifically Charcot Neuroarthropathy). As I stated before, it has not previously been reported to my knowledge, but please share if you know otherwise. Furthermore, I've managed to utilize a number of Free and Opensource software to mediate this process VS propriety and expensive solutions from publicly traded companies, etc.

I am, however, aware of the fantastic work/progress made in maxiofaciallary prosthesis. I believe this work, as well the companies (such as yours), have and will become standard medical integration, rather an expensive niche. Ultimately, I hope to add to the published clinical/surgical data in existence, because that is what determines medical and insurance coverage in America.

There will be several uses of Reprap technology for medicine, but without volumes of published research to back all of it up along the way, we are faced with a dilemma. Many practicing physicians and surgeons are unable to take advantage of your companies services for the obstacle of cost alone.

Nicholas Giovinco
Dr. Glass DPM - Video Podcast
www.youtube.com/DrGlassDPM
www.drglass.org