Re: [rp-ml] Problems with Dimension SST?

From: John Morewood <john-morewood_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue Oct 11 2011 - 17:23:45 EEST

Hi Juha,
     I've found that the support material is very hygroscopic - if you
let a cartridge just sit in a machine for a few humid days in the summer
time it just sucks the moisture out of the air (best to seal it back up
in one of those "as seen of TV" vacuum bags). When the support
material is liquefied the moisture will boil out and make the support
structure bubbly and swollen thus ruining the print job.

Best regards,
-jay-

On 10/10/2011 11:07 PM, juha.suokas@c-advice.com wrote:
> Hello RP-world,
> Just thought I'd ask - anyone else having truoble with Dimension SSt
> support material? We didn't have any problems for the first years, but
> recently the support material seems to "stick" to the reel. This has
> caused the support material to break multiple times - and it breaks
> before entering the print head so nothing wrong there. After searching
> the cause from everywhere, we finally opened the support casette a
> while back - and the material was actually sticking to itself and it
> was really tight. After loosening a couple of rounds of material from
> the spool everything is ok again.
>
> Tha annoying thing is that the machine doesn't realize it's missing
> support - so it keeps on building in the air - ending up in a ball of
> material in the build chambre...
>
> so I'm curious - are the any other Dimension users out there with the
> same problem and has anyone come up with a solution?
>
> Greetings,
> Juha suokas
> C-Advice Oy

	*John* (jay) *H. Morewood*
/Rapidprototyping Engineer/
+1 408.839.4252
www.Zip-Bit.com <http://www.Zip-Bit.com>
error) please notify the sender or Zip-Bit@Zip-Bit.com immediately and
destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or