Re: [rp-ml] Zcorp!?

From: Brock Hinzmann <bhinzmann_at_sbi-i.com>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 01:50:41 EET

The press release from Contex says US$137 million.

This kind of consolidation is normal for an industry of this sort, which
has attracted large numbers of players over the years, for which actual
sales have failed to live up to industry expectations. Even my
'conservative' market projections from the early 1990s have proven too
optimistic. HP could swallow both Stratasys and 3DS without much of
blink, but is the entire industry a large enough business platform to be
worth the impact it would make on HP's bottom line? When it is, I
wouldn't be surprised to see that next competitor Bathsheba said we
aren't reading about to come out of China.

Brock Hinzmann