[rp-ml] SLS info and experiences

From: Biermann, Paul J. <Paul.Biermann_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 17:49:37 EET

Could anyone on the list who has used SLS, either 3D Systems, EOS or any other system share their thoughts? What do you like, what don't you like? Which is the most cost effective? I know older systems let a lot of dust into the environment around the machines, are the newer ones any better? How well can you recycle the powders? How difficult is it to change materials?

I really appreciate any feedback you can share.

Thanks,

Paul J. Biermann
Principal Professional Staff
Composites / M&P Engineer
Research and Engineering Development Dept.
15-W132
Johns Hopkins University / Applied Physics Laboratory
(240) 228-6911 (w)
(310) 266-0098 (c)
paul.biermann@jhuapl.edu<mailto:paul.biermann@jhuapl.edu>

[cid:image001.png@01CCBF05.1131CD80]