RE: [rp-ml] shifting of layers

From: Taylor, Tracy L PWR <Tracy.Taylor_at_pwr.utc.com>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2012 - 19:15:42 EEST

I know you are looking for answers, but I have a few more questions. Complex problems with the galvos do happen, but in my experience they are very rare (3 incidents in 12 years at our facility).

Is the shift in the direction of the roller?

Are all parts on the layer affected by an identical shift?

Is it more obvious in the center or at the outer edges of the part bed?

The leg of the part that extends towards the top of the picture is curved. Is that the correct shape for the model or is that distortion?

I’m taking the simple approach to start with. Please excuse me if the questions seem trivial based on your experience.

Tracy Taylor

Strategic Fabrication Center

Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, Inc.