Re: [rp-ml] Toasting the 3D Printer

From: Stewart Dickson <mathartspd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:47:08 -0600

From: Peter Kuhm <peter_at_null.priv.at>
To: Hackerspaces General Discussion List <discuss_at_lists.hackerspaces.org>

in late 2007 Bre became artist in residence in Viennese MuseumsQuartier
on intervention and invitation of artist group monochrom. The project
he choose was to build a RepStrap bot - and because monochrom is engaged
in organizinghttp://www.roboexotica.org (the annual festival for cocktail
robotics -since 1999!) the declared aim was to print shotglasses with the
machine

-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bre/2054442263/in/set-72157602961046741/

-> http://blog.makezine.com/2007/11/23/make-a-reprap-robot-part-1/

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFC1dqWk6FY
| Make a RepStrap Robot (Part 2) - Weekend Projects Podcast

During the 2007 exhibition the motor driver were blown but for
roböx 2008 the ShotBot was reactivated, see its label here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctp/3084243897/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://reprap.soup.io/post/9390599/We-reactivated-our-old-McWire-RepStrap-and
Shotglass 2008:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bre/3084033602/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shifzr/3084644574/sizes/l/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shifzr/3086779528/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Don't know about a tradition (although once sipped Club-Mate out of a
printed glass) but this video might have contributed to the saga

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CkuZDC88gA
| Things - Toasting the Birth of a RepRap

cheers from the Metalab:)
Peter