[rp-ml] Seeking job opportunity in additive manufacturing

From: Sriraman M Ramanujam <mrsriraman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:14:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I am Dr. Sriraman Ramanujam and was recently employed (on contract) with the Ohio State University (OSU), U.S.A. The work was in the area of additive manufacturing, based on high power ultrasonics, and jointly undertaken with the Edison Welding Institute, U.S. Known by the term ‘Very High Power Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing’ (VHP UAM), this advanced cutting-edge technology uses intense ultrasonic energy at 20 kHz frequency for net shape fabrication of intricate parts, and is based on ultrasonic (seam) welding of thin metal tapes (typically 100-150 micrometers thick and 25 mm wide) one above the other (with no melting whatsoever). The high-quality metallurgical bonding established between such (similar metal) layers constituting the part manufactured was achieved by the process of dynamic recrystallization of the interfacial grain structure. With the absence of melting, the process looked "ideally suited" for the manufacture of smart
 materials (involving embedment of sensors/ electronics) and functionally graded/ hybrid material structures. Keen on pursuing a career in this exciting field of rapid prototyping/ additive manufacturing that holds great promise for the future, I'm looking for my next suitable job opportunity. I have a very strong background in metallurgical and materials engineering and hold a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, one of the most reputed schools in India. I also have several years of materials R&D experience, and in diverse countries such as France, China, and India, in addition to the U.S., during which time, I have taken a leadership role and successfully managed projects from different industries/ research organizations. I look forward to hearing from prospective employers to whom I'll be happy to email my Resume, and answer any queries/ provide additional information.  Thank you and with regards,
Sriraman M. Ramanujam