Scan data for 3D printing

From: Marshall Burns <ListMail2_at_Fabbers.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:59:17 -0700

(Thanks Seppo, for getting the list breathing again after this message
bounced this morning!)

Hi folks, can anyone help with this question from a scanning expert?

"I know the scanners inside and out, but I don't know much about using the
data. Recently I got an inquiry about 3D printing a Cyberware head scan. The
guy wants to know the easiest way to take an old Cyberware "ply" file and
send it to a printer. The people I know use expensive commercial software
like PolyWorks, Maya, Geomajic, and Zbrush. Do you know of a free or very
cheap package that could import a ply file, allow for some editing, and
export a print file?"

Thanks for your help.

Marshall

www.fabbers.com