Re: [rp-ml] Quadrax and Cubital ball in cage and gear tree

From: Jan Andrzejewski <taikojan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 20:29:10 +0100

Hi Marshall

If you have problems getting this I will offer to recreate the CAD for
this, I'll send you what I can do from the picture. (Ball in Cage)

I have an STL model that comes from 1990 I do not know what the original
file name was But I have always called it the G-Cube
<https://grabcad.com/library/sla-g-cube-fun-puzzle-1>.
A German Field Engineer called "Gunther" let me have the STL file whilst I
was learning to operate the SLA250 at Lasercad (Feb 1990)
If anyone from Germany knows where it came from originally I too would like
to know this.

The actual model was very helpful when I went from Lasercad to Formation
Engineering Services Ltd in 1991 as I got two CAD software companies to try
and model from the actual object and The Anvil 5000 struggled as at one
corner 3 edges came together with each edge having a 5 mm radius and this
was something that that software package struggled with at that time. But
Euclid from Matra Datavision was able to do this in solids as well as
surface modelling.

How 3D software has changed!

Regards Jan Andrzejewski