[rp-ml] New old articles added to the archive

Seppo Niemi seppo.niemi at risukulma.fi
Mon Dec 14 09:05:17 EET 2020

Dear All,

when I took over the management of rp-ml in 1995 and it was later
moved to a new server, it never occured to me that I should preserve
the old posts. Young and foolish as I was. All the articles posted
to the list between 1993 and late 1995 were lost forever, or so I
thought.

Fortunately Dr. Marshall Burns, who has been an active member of the
list right from the beginning, has preserved his emails from that
time in a database. This database is now stored in Ennex Knowledge
Base, which is a part of the Fabbers Archive at Pennsylvania State
University. The University has kindly given permission to publish these
old articles in rapid.rp-ml.org.

For the past months I have been co-operating with Dr. Burns to extract
the emails from the database and convert them to html-files to be
stored alongside the more recent articles. Actually Dr. Burns did most
of the work, I just added a finishing touch with a bit of shell
scripting. And now, after some unfortunate and unexpected delays, the
work is complete.

Please check the new, old archives at http://rapid.rp-ml.org/ennex/
There is some interesting discussion, among other things, about the
naming of Rapid Prototyping...

Thank you,

Seppo Niemi