[rp-ml] New old articles added to the archive

Marshall Burns ListMail2 at fabbers.com
Mon Dec 14 10:16:56 EET 2020

Nicely done. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Seppo Niemi <seppo.niemi at risukulma.fi>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 01:05
To: rp-ml at rp-ml.org
Subject: [rp-ml] New old articles added to the archive

Dear All,

when I took over the management of rp-ml in 1995 and it was later moved to a
new server, it never occured to me that I should preserve the old posts.
Young and foolish as I was. All the articles posted to the list between 1993
and late 1995 were lost forever, or so I thought.

Fortunately Dr. Marshall Burns, who has been an active member of the list
right from the beginning, has preserved his emails from that time in a
database. This database is now stored in Ennex Knowledge Base, which is a
part of the Fabbers Archive at Pennsylvania State University. The University
has kindly given permission to publish these old articles in
rapid.rp-ml.org.

For the past months I have been co-operating with Dr. Burns to extract the
emails from the database and convert them to html-files to be stored
alongside the more recent articles. Actually Dr. Burns did most of the work,
I just added a finishing touch with a bit of shell scripting. And now, after
some unfortunate and unexpected delays, the work is complete.

Please check the new, old archives at http://rapid.rp-ml.org/ennex/ There is
some interesting discussion, among other things, about the naming of Rapid
Prototyping...

Thank you,

Seppo Niemi