I propose WE ban:
1) Self-serving messages from machine suppliers.
2) Self-serving messages from software suppliers.
3) Self-serving messages from industry consultants.
4) Self-serving messages from book authors.
5) Self-serving messages from legal firms.
6) Messages about conferences which require a fee for attendance.
7) Messages about specific problems with commercial RP machines
(How do I set parameter XXX on my YYY machine so the
thing-a-ma-jig does (or does not) do ZZZ)
8) Messages about specific problems with commercial software.
9) Messages about topics which have been discussed REPEATEDLY over
the years. (New name for RP; Replacement for STL; ..)
10) Messages seeking or announcing positions which pay money.
11) Messages about mindless surveys.
12) Flames directed at someone who
a) got off his/her (pc) ass and b) quit a Real job and
c) invested Real money to make this technology work
when the flame is from someone who did not.
13) Messages from free-speech-hating control freaks.
This would save lots of internet bandwidth, since nothing would be left.
1) Just about everything on this list is annoying to Somebody.
2) Everyone on this list is making a living from RP, or hopes to
in the near future.
(If I did not mention Your messages, the omission was not intentional)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:37:15 EEST