RE: Fullerene Tubes/Bucky Tubes

From: Brock Hinzmann (
Date: Tue Mar 24 1998 - 00:31:04 EET

I'm assuming you've already checked out Richard Smalley, Rice University,

SRI does work in this area, but we are not a university. Otherwise, you
might try Subhash Narang here, at (650) 859-2119.

Try also Rodney Ruoff, Washington University, St. Louis. If he hasn't
done work on your specific application, he should know all the other bucky
tube researchers, some of whom might include:

Charles M. Lieber, Harvard
J. Murray Gibson, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Walt A. de Heer, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
P.M. Ajayan, et al, Universitie Paris-sud, Orsay

Lots of other university bucky tube researchers known for electronic
applications may also have looked at composites applications. And I left out
the corporate R&D labs.

Hope this helps.

Brock Hinzmann
SRI International

KHVD07A wrote:
>-- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>We are looking for universities that have experience with making
>fullerene tubes (bucky tubes) and/or combining them with polymers.
>Al Hastbacka

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:45:09 EEST