Re: Question on Ren board

From: Delft Spline Systems (
Date: Wed Mar 25 1998 - 11:54:19 EET

>What's Ren board?
>Yakov Horenstein
>Milano, Italy

Hi Yakov,

Your terminology is a bit mixed up.
The product is a tooling board, named RenShape.
It is manufactured by Ciba, and the name RenShape is only
used in the USA. In the rest of the world the product is called
Cibatool Block Material.
It is in fact a polyurethane based material, density ca 650 kg/m3.
Behaves like wood without directional differences: ideal for milling
prototypes (other densities available too).

More information:
Ciba Polymers, international customer service centre
Duxford, UK, Tel +44 1223 493000
There are several other manufacturers in Europe producing almost
identical tooling boards.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:45:10 EEST