We are familiar to make this kind of mould in H.K.
Two options to make this kind of hand-carved model mould.
1. Engraving on a P20 steel block. This take longer time but longer
2. Casting beryllium copper mould insert as suggested by Professor
Dickens. This takes shorter time( just a few days) but bear in
mind the distortion problem because of the big size.
It is common to cast mould insert in the Toy industry in H.K. for the
1. Short lead time.
2. Cheap when making multi-cavity.
3. Can deal with models with lots of undercut.
4. Many vendors available to do the job for you.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Good Luck.
Hot Metal Processes Unit
The H.K. Polytechnic University
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://ltk.hut.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:45:27 EEST