Re: Quick question

From: Gabe Clark (
Date: Thu Jun 18 1998 - 21:50:37 EEST

Dear RPML,

can someone please tell me what RTV stands for (for example when we talk
of RTV silicon molding) ?
Thank you and sorry for the stupid question.


Maurizio Bertoldi E-mail:

University of Illinois at Chicago
Manufacturing Processes Laboratory (room 1036)
Department of Mechanical Engineering (MC 251)
842 West Taylor Street Phone: (312) 413.7408
Chicago, IL 60607-7022 Fax: (312) 413.0447

RTV stands for Room Temperature Vulcanizing. Which means it "cures" at room

Gabe Clark                         
Rapid Prototype Manager                           (801)-328-8220
Solid Design & Analysis                   

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:45:59 EEST