I thank all those who responded to this questionnaire before.
Even though I got some response, it was not sufficient.
I will really appreciate if you answer these questions
and send it back.Again thank you to those who replied to my
previous mail (they should not reply to this again).
My name is Rajendra Manchanda and I am a graduate student
in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Southwestern
Louisiana, Lafayette, LA. I am doing my Masters Thesis in
area of Rapid Prototyping. For that my adviser, Dr. Dwivedi
(Chair in Manufacturing), advised me to do a little survey
that will help me in understanding where this technology
stands today and will guide me in making some decisions.
I will appreciate if you can take some time out of your busy
schedule and answer few questions to the best of your knowledge.
You can reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to get an early reply from you.
Graduate Student in Mech. Engg.
University of Southwestern Louisiana
Name of Company:
City, State, Zip Code:
1. Size of Company:
d. over 500
2. What categary your company falls in:
b. Consumer Electronics
d. Business Machine Manufacure
e. Other Mechanical Manufacture
3. What is appro. Annual Sale of your company:
a. Under $1 million
b. $1-$50 million
c. $50-$250 million
d. $250 million - $1 billion
e. Over $1 billion
4. What all RP processes you are aware of:
e. Sanders - SPP
g. All of above
5. Does your company has any RP machine?
6. If the answer of above question is yes, What machine is
a. Stratasys - FDM
b. Helysis - LOM
c. 3D System - SLA
d. Cubical - SGC
e. Sanders - SPP
f. DTM - SLS
7. What software do you use?
e. All of the above
f. Some of above
8. Do you think the RP process helps in reducing product
9. If the answer of above question is Yes, by how much percentage.
10. Do you think RP process helps in reducing product
11. If the answer of above question is Yes, by how much percentage.
12. What do you think about the cost of commercially available
a. Is appropriate
b. Is high, should be lower.
c. Is low, should be higher.
13. Do you think current RP technology has lots of limitations
which should be overcome to get its full advantage.
-------------------END OF QUESTIONNAIRE---------------------
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://ltk.hut.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 22:51:22 EEST