Re: American V European standards

From: Franck Lacan (
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 14:25:00 EEST


I think you should try to contact Plastics Technology Laboratories. They have
writen a very good article on the subject (
and should have the answer you are looking for.

Plastics Technology Laboratories, Inc.
50 Pearl Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Tel. (413) 499-0983, Fax (413) 499-2339

Franck Lacan
Manufacturing Engineering Centre,
Systems division, Cardiff School of engineering,
Cardiff University,
PO Box 688, Newport Road,
Cardiff CF24 3TE, Wales, UK

Nigel Warden wrote:

> I am comiling a list of RP material properties for easy comparison of RP
> processes. I have noticed that American compaies provide impact strength
> results in J/m, whereas European companies prefer to use kJ/m2.
> Is there a way of converting one to ther other i.e. kJ/m2 into J/m?
> This would make my comparison list far more meaningful as the results would
> all be in common units.
> Regards,
> Nigel Warden
> For more information about the rp-ml, see

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jun 05 2001 - 23:03:30 EEST