Another question

From: Ian Gibson (
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 05:01:50 EEST

Dear rp-ml

I have a contact who wants to coat plastic parts with a 'rubber-like'
material. The requirements are similar to the elastomeric materials used
for toothbrush handles and on pen barrels.

As I understand it, this is normally achieved using removable insert
injection moulding, which is costly and we don't want to go this route
without knowing that it works first.

Is there a way to prototype this effect by spray coating an elastomeric
compound on to a plastic part?


Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415

Don't look around to find the sound that's right beneath your feet.

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:05 EET