RE: Another question

From: Ben May (
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 12:07:43 EEST

On solution that's a bit of a cheat is to use a 'soft touch' coating applied
as a 2K lacquer. This gives a rubber feel to hard surfaces

We use:-

Senosoft Waterbase Clear 1 coat 2 pack

Part no. 05-3647-503393
Hardener 19-3616-503366

Weilburger Schramm Coatings (01928) 570900

Hope this helps

Ben May
Senior Development Manager

87 Richford Street
London W6 7HJ

Tel +44 (0) 20 8735 1111
Fax +44 (0) 20 8735 1122

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Gibson []
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 3:02 AM
Subject: Another question

Dear rp-ml

I have a contact who wants to coat plastic parts with a 'rubber-like'
material. The requirements are similar to the elastomeric materials used
for toothbrush handles and on pen barrels.

As I understand it, this is normally achieved using removable insert
injection moulding, which is costly and we don't want to go this route
without knowing that it works first.

Is there a way to prototype this effect by spray coating an elastomeric
compound on to a plastic part?


Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Professor
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
The University of Hong Kong
tel: +852 28597901
fax: +852 28585415

Don't look around to find the sound that's right beneath your feet.

For more information about the rp-ml, see

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:05 EET