Re: Another question

From: akintayo a adewole fac/staff (
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 15:11:33 EEST

If you're looking for a quick and dirty and cheap way of coating anything
with a rubber-like material, you should check out They
sell liquid rubber in a variety of colors. You basically dip and let it
harden. They also have a spray on version of the liquid rubber. I'm not
sure about the wall thicknesses, but check it out. We're talking a few
bucks here!

Akintayo Adewole
NJIT Center for Manufacturing Systems

Ian Gibson wrote:

> Dear rp-ml
> I have a contact who wants to coat plastic parts with a 'rubber-like'
> material. The requirements are similar to the elastomeric materials used
> for toothbrush handles and on pen barrels.
> As I understand it, this is normally achieved using removable insert
> injection moulding, which is costly and we don't want to go this route
> without knowing that it works first.
> Is there a way to prototype this effect by spray coating an elastomeric
> compound on to a plastic part?
> IG
> Dr. Ian Gibson
> Associate Professor
> Dept. Mechanical Engineering
> The University of Hong Kong
> tel: +852 28597901
> fax: +852 28585415
> email:
> Don't look around to find the sound that's right beneath your feet.
> For more information about the rp-ml, see

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:05 EET