Re: Elongation at break

From: Rob Connelly (
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 18:07:10 EEST

Hi Stacie,

As David mentioned, an Instron is an industry standard (is it the only one?)
for doing that sort of work. It is quite a project to procure one,
establish a program that yields results that are traceable to standards, and
gather data. For many companies the obvious choice is to use a firm that
does this sort of thing regularly. At BD we had our own Instron, but we
still outsourced a lot of the work to another company. BD uses Datapoint
Testing Services, and you can find them at:

Good luck,

Rob Connelly
FineLine Prototyping, Inc.
6300-130 Limousine DR
Raleigh, NC 27613

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:16 EET