RE: Viscosity Meter

From: Blasch, Larry (
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 19:38:36 EEST


Almost any commercial paint store (even Lowes or Home Depot) should have a
cheap viscosity meter. You need it to adjust the paint viscosity for use in
spray equipment. Should cost less than $20. They get used every day in the
auto-body repair shops, so you might find it at the local auto-paint

It consists of a cup with a precise hole in it. You fill the cup and start a
stopwatch. The cup has marks on the inside that tell you the viscosity of
the material based on how much drains out in a given time.

If you can't find one at the paint store for the viscosity range that you
need to test, you might try a laboratory supply catalog.


Lawrence R. Blasch
Design Engineer
CAE Systems Administrator
OPW Fueling Components
P.O. Box 405003
Cincinnati, OH 45240-5003 USA
Voice: (513) 870-3356
Fax: (513) 870-3338

* "Always remember you're unique,*
* just like everyone else." *

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Hauptmann []
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 4:23 PM
To: RP-ML (E-mail)
Subject: Viscosity Meter

Does anyone know where I might get a viscosity meter for under $75?

Wouldn't it be possible to make my own?

Brad Hauptmann <>

For more information about the rp-ml, see

For more information about the rp-ml, see

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:57:31 EET