From: Glenn Whiteside (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 06:07:04 EEST
My current employer is laying off our entire manufacturing engineering dept. (three people)
due to a lengthy business downturn. I would like to stay in the Wichita, KS or Kansas City area.
A copy of my resume is in text format below if anybody can help. I do have experience working with a
SLA-5000 system and ThermoJet machines. If anybody knows anyone hiring for positions
like these please let me know so I can also inform my coworkers.
Glenn G. Whiteside
609 Second Street
Andover, Kansas 67002
Home Phone: 316 733-6764
* 40 hours TQM team methodology training, also familiar with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools such as specifying value, value stream mapping, maximizing flow, creating pull systems, and striving towards perfection.
* TQM team member using process-based modeling to help reduce time to certification for new aircraft designs.
* 14,000+ hours using CATIA versions 4.1.6 - 4.2.3 (including VPM) for tooling and engineering design.
* Proficient in AutoCAD 2000, used extensively for factory layouts.
* 5 years CNC programming experience, 3- and 5-axis mills.
* Extensively utilized and promoted company-wide use of rapid prototyping processes such as Stereolithography to reduce lead times.
* Successfully justified and obtained Stereolithography machine for advanced design and tooling lab, estimated conservative annual savings for the company were $746,000 with a payback period of less than one year.
04/01 - Present Koch-Glitsch, LP Wichita, KS
* Supporting many different fabrication processes such as laser cutting, shearing, braking, stamping, welding, and CNC machining involved in producing sheet metal, piping, tubing, and structural components for the oil and chemical industries.
* Involved in operations improvement of methods, processes, and factory flow by changing the plant layout.
* Working on Lean Certification through the Toyota affiliated University of Kentucky, Lexington, Center for Robotics and Manufacturing Systems (http://www.crms.uky.edu/lean/cert.html).
* Devised a methodology for parts identification and packing error-proofing utilizing bar coding, an electronic shipping statement, weight counting, and a wireless RF network.
* Led a Laser Improvement Team and utilized root cause analysis to improve laser cell operations for a Trumpf TC L 6030 CO2 4000 Watt cutting laser (http://www.trumpf.com/dynamic/homepage/3.html). Provided solutions for various issues such as material handling, laser operator training, and laser operation issues. Wrote standardized work instructions for laser operators.
* Justified purchasing Gibbs CAM software package with a one-year payback to increase productivity of Cincinnati Sabre mill in Tooling machine shop.
8/93 - 04/01 Cessna Aircraft Company Wichita, KS
(7/98 - 04/01) Design Engineer
* Aircraft Systems Design, environmental, anti-ice, bleed air and service air systems on the Citation X. Worked on landing gear design for Cessna's latest model, the Sovereign.
* Promoted and utilized 3D System's ThermoJet desktop modeling machines for developing conceptual models and tooling configurations in the advanced design phase and to reduce project lead times.
* Earned (5) Cessna Leading Edge Citation of Merit Awards for significant contributions towards improving Cessna quality, teamwork and Manufacturing Excellence.
(8/93 - 7/98) Tooling Engineer
* Tool Design and Engineering experience using CATIA versions 4.1.6 - 4.2.1 (14,000+ hours including VPM).
* Engineering and N/C programming, 3- and 5-axis mills, of various tooling and components.
* Promoted use of Rapid Prototyping processes such as Stereolithography (SL), Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM), Desktop modelers (ThermoJet, Z-Corp, Sanders, etc), and spray metal tooling.
* Led project to successfully obtain a 3D System's Stereolithography machine (SLA-5000) in-house for engineering and tooling applications (http://www.3dsystems.com/default.asp).
* Developed an electronic "paperless" system for creating and transferring job data (material type and preparation, machine set up information, and N/C program verification (VERICUT) images) to tooling machine shop to eliminate paper "traveler" packets and support ISO 9000 registration activities.
* Assisted in RFP development for Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) competition.
5/92 - 12/92 ASU Energy Analysis / Diagnostic Center Tempe, AZ
Project Engineer (Undergraduate)
* Performed energy conservation studies of various manufacturing facilities. Published findings and recommendations under a Department of Energy grant program.
6/91 - 9/91 Callsen Engineering Services Tempe, AZ
CAD Input Technician
* Updated Manufacturing Operations and Tooling sheets for Allied-Signal Aerospace from hand-drawn originals using MicroCadam software.
5/91 - 8/91 U. of Arizona/NASA Space Eng. Research Center Tucson, AZ
Engineering Research Associate
* Assisted principal investigators in testing/researching thermophysical properties of lunar soil simulants.
5/90 - 8/90 Allied Signal Aerospace, Garrett Aux. Power Division Phoenix, AZ
* Assisted Assembly Production Engineering (for aircraft and industrial APUs) in updating Manufacturing Operation and Tooling sheets using CADAM software.
Education & Awards
M.S. Industrial Engineering (specializing in Mfg. Systems) Wichita State University Wichita, KS
Summer 2002, GPA 3.92/4.0
* Alpha Pi Mu Industrial Engineering Honor Society
* Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society WSU Chapter
B.S. Manufacturing Engineering Technology Arizona State University Tempe, AZ
Fall 1992, Summa Cum Laude, GPA 3.93/4.0
* Dean's List, Honors College, Scholastic Excellence Awards, Most Distinguished Senior Award
* ASU Regents, Boeing, and Society of Manufacturing Engineers scholarships
* Tau Alpha Pi National Honor Society
* Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society ASU Chapter
A.A.S. Automotive Technology Glendale CC Glendale, AZ
Spring 1987, GPA 3.7/4.0 with Distinction
* President's Honor List, Scholastic Achievement Awards
* Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
* Senior member, active since 1989
* Rapid Prototyping Association (RPA) member
SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers)
* Affiliate member, active since 1986
ASM International (American Society of Materials)
* Member At Large since 1991
American Society for Quality (ASQ)
* Member since 1992
American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
* Active member since 1992
Smithsonian National Air and Space Society Member
* Active member since 1992
American Chemical Society (ACS)
* Active member since 2001
Additional references available upon request
Vice President, Operations
4111 E. 37th Street North
Wichita, Kansas 67220
Daniel L. Kallenberger, P.E.
Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
10138 Westport Ct.
Wichita, Kansas 67212
Darl J. Heffelbower
Vice President, Operations - Retired
2809 N. Fox Pointe Circle
Wichita, Kansas 67226
Larry E. Whitman, Ph.D. I.E., P.E.
Wichita State University Assistant Professor
Wichita State University
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Dept.
Wichita, Kansas 67260-0035
For more information about the rp-ml, see http://rapid.lpt.fi/rp-ml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Tue Jan 21 2003 - 20:14:08 EET