Re: looking for a fame retardant additive

From: Michael Tsenter (
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 21:14:10 EET

Hi Bruce:

A very common flame retardant additive is aluminum hydroxide or another name
for it is aluminum trihydrate. These are white powders that can be added to
various resins in order to make them flame retardant. In order to determine
an actual amount, you have to run the UL 94 V0 test and the results will
depend on the specific wall thickness of the part.

One of the suppliers for Aluminum Trihydrate (ATH) is J.M. Huber Corp., Tel:

Best regards,
Michael Tsenter

"Baresel, Bruce" wrote:

> Is there a flame retardant additive for RTV silicones that will give the
> silicone a UL 94 V0 rating.
> Thanks for any help. Bruce Baresel Polymer Corporation

NEST Technologies, Inc.
3849 Ridgemoor Drive
Studio City, CA 91604 USA
Tel: 818-761-6500
Fax: 818-761-6116
web site:

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Tue Jan 21 2003 - 20:14:35 EET