[rp-ml] What type of adhesive is used in a Z-Corp Machine?

From: Scott Tilton (stilton@protoprod.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 15:37:43 EEST

Someone asked me this question . .and I didn't know the answer. (sorry,
I'm not a Z-Corp know it all)


They said: "Cynoacrylate?"


I said I thought a type of CA was used for infiltrating, but not jetting
out onto the material.


Someone else said he thought the binding was a combination of some stuff
jetted out of the print head (possibly water) and a material mixed in
the powder.

He swore that's how it was done.


Maybe it was in the beginning.

Maybe it still is.

Maybe it never was.


Someone please give me good schooling on this topic.


If you don't want to type it all out, drop me an e-mail and I'll call
you (or you can call me) to explain it.


Thanks in advance.



Scott Tilton


This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.7 : Mon Jan 02 2006 - 08:09:18 EET