From: Charles Overy (email@example.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 10:27:55 EET
It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with your machine.
However on a public list perhaps you could give a little more background
on your business, what you expected of the machine and if the new one
meets your needs. It would be very informative to know if indeed it was
a defective machine, if it was systemic issues associated with the
machine that others on the list could benefit from understanding, or if
it was a bad match of technology to your process.
It would also be of interest to know if you outsourced your additive
fabrication needs before purchasing or knew of competition who uses
this system well and that is why you purchased it. Also it would be
good to know if this was your first venture into additive fabrication
and if you felt that the vendor or sales team gave you adequate training
or opportunity for training.
I have no links to Objet or Stratasys (their US distributor) but know
of people who use this machine to great effect in their businesses and
have not had the issues that you relate. We have discussed the purchase
of this machine and reliability and support are always important.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
Behalf Of Poddar & Co - India
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:17 AM
Subject: [rp-ml] Our horrifying experience with Objet EDEN 260
Our horrifying experience with Objet EDEN 260
Here we take this opportunity to spread out a word about our horrifying
experience with OBJET EDEN 260 Rapid Prototyping machine.
We purchased Eden 260 machine in July 2004. Since the day it was
installed it consistently gave problems which were related to product
quality issues and parts failure.
Here we give the complete synopsis of the list of problems we faced
during our encounter with this machine. Please note that the machine was
run under controlled conditions as specified in the maual.
1. Product quality Issue
2. axis alignment not well (bad transparency test)
3. Head vacuum problem (Machine completely shut down)
4. Liquid leakage problem, model, & support pump not working
5. Extra material purged on parts. Rejection of parts and waste of
6. Y Axis problem (sensor problem), Machine complete shut down
7. Leakage problem, wiper assembly problem
8. leakage problem and also quality issue again (rough output with
lots of layer
9. Vacuum pump problem (Vacuum in the heads very low) - Machine
10. Tray temperature very high
11. Head problem (head number "S0" damaged)
12. UV lamp always stays on. Doesn't switch itself off after finished
13. power supply problem (already changed it 3 times)
14. Sensor problem (x axis problem) Machine complete shutdown
15. Head Vacuum problem again.
16. Vacuum pump end sensor assembly problem
17. Sanmotion driver problem
18. Extra liquid purge on pieces. Wastage of material.
19. X axis problem
20. Extra material purge on product
21. One of the support heads have also gone bad, so obviously parts
are not been printed properly. Needed immediate replacement.
22. Y-axis sensor is bad. The machine has stopped printing since 2nd
June 2005. Wrong parts were sent. Waste of almost 20 days.
23. One More support head would need replacement
24. One More model head would also need replacement
Considering the above we can confidently say that the machine that OBJET
supplied to us was defective.
After a fight that we put up again the company, they agreed specifically
in one of their correspondence that the machine was "DEFECTIVE" and
"would be replaced with a new one." After sending our machine to their
head office they claimed that the machine was in a bad condition and it
would be only exchanged against a "DEMO" machine, which was not
acceptable to us. Again after a few exchanges of blows they agreed to
replace the machine with a NEW one.
But having gone through this experience, we have completely lost faith
and confidence in the aforesaid company OBJET GEOMETRIES LTD. The
customers and reputation that we have lost because of this purchase
decision is difficult to reverse and it would only be another big
mistake if we repeat it. So it would apt asking for a monitory
compensation for the investment that we made, business that we have
lost, and the mental harassment that we have gone through.
They really need to heed to customer grievances to stay in the business.
We urge you all to be aware of this and get all technical details right
before you make an investment.
Poddar & co.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.7 : Mon Jan 02 2006 - 08:09:24 EET