Pro/E .stl file TRICKS

From: Robert Zubrickie (rfzubric@amp.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 13:59:55 EET

Pro/E STL Generator Users,

        As a reminder or to those who do not know. In refferance to decreasing the cord height of an outputted stl file from Pro/e using the range function works well but in some cases is not fine enough or if you get a model that the mesourment units were changed, which in some cases will limited you in your cord height range. You can change the part model file accuracy finer. Then regenerate. Now you can get a lower inputted range for greater detail to your model. Also I have noticed you can change your angle control from .5 to 1 which is max, to increase part surface accuracy. This is not as dramatic as changing part accuracy.
         Remember as your stl generated file gets better your file sizes will increase resulting in longer slicing times.

        Hope this will help someone.
        Please excuse the spellling errors I am always rushed.

                Bob Zubrickie
                (rfzubric@amp.com)