Re: Searching for Information

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 19:42:26 EEST

<< Subj: Searching for Information
 Date: 97-10-02 02:43:43 EDT
 From: epzric@epn1.maneng.nottingham.ac.uk (IAN CAMPBELL)
 Sender: owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
 To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi

 Dear RP Colleagues

 I am on the hunt for two sources of information which are proving to
 be illusive. The first is an RP feasibility assessment model which
 has been developed by an organisation called Optimat. The second is a
 paper called "How Rapid is Rapid?" or words to that effect The paper
 reports an investigation into actual turnaround times for RP
 services.

 Has anyone heard of these and can you point me in the right
 direction.

 Thanks

 Ian
 Ian Campbell
 University of Nottingham
 Dept. of Manufacturing Engineering
 University Park
 Nottingham NG7 2RD
 UK

 Tel: +44 115 951 4015
 Fax: +44 115 951 4000

Dear Ian:

Recently read, "Laser Forming of Metallic Components Using Particulate
Materials" by D.M. Keicher and J.E. Smugeresky (JOM, vol 49 #5, 5/97
pp.51-4).

Mr. Keicher is with:
Optomec Design Company
13170-B Central Ave., SE
Suite 310
Albuquerque, NM 87123 USA
505-761-8250
email: dkeicher@flash.net

He also mentions similar commercialization efforts by MTS System Corp. and
Protosynthesis. There is another related article in the same issue of JOM by
Mazumder et al on the DMD process (pp.55-60).

Best regards,
Ed Grenda
AutoFab Systems, Inc.
19 Pondview Road