Re: Gear Design

From: Jason L. Dickman (dickman@cinti.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 19:08:24 EET

Robert,
If you are using Pro-E you can use Pro-Program to generate a "blank" gear that
would allow all your gear data to be customized for each new gear needed. Keep
in mind the beginning gear must be similar to any new gear required. For
example, a spur gear could not be automatically updated to a bevel gear. Once a
library of blank gears are created they can be brought into Pro-E and
"regenerated". The system will prompt you for all variables you established in
Pro-Program (Pitch Angle, Pitch Dia, # of teeth.... etc.)

Unigraphics (UG) has a similar module called GRIP. GRIP is a little more cryptic
and requires more programming experience but it allows the user to develop
similar models.

--

Jason L. Dickman Hasbro Toy Group Research and Development Cincinnati, OH USA 45202-1171

email: dickman@cinti.net voice: +1 513,579,4752 fax: +1 513,579,3250 web: http://www.cinti.net/~htgrp