Re: machining from .stl files

From: SCat3D@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 03:12:42 EEST

<< What you're proposing will be extremely difficult, if not impossible. It's
 much easier to create the tool paths directly from the STL file with a
program
 like Deskproto.>>

Making IGES surfaces then Pro/E solids from STL data is actually pretty
straightforward, almost easy. We do it regularly for (that big toy co. they
won't let me mention,) and (that big plastic-container co. they also will not
let me mention.) Mail back if you'd like a $quote on a particular project.

Steve Chapman
Gentle Giant Studios
Hollywood, CA.