Re: Fwd:the new looks for Reverse Engineering...

From: Innomation Systems & Technologies Pte. Ltd., (istpl@singnet.com.sg)
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 10:45:43 EET

yes, i agree with you....the rp system just sit next to it.

i think cloning may be a bit too far-out for us...reverse engineers and
rapid prototypers....only people who can see bacterias should focus on
that...we should concern on its applications going right or WRONG(human
clones..ever watch the cartoon ExoSquad)!!!

true, we can never ever copy everything Mother Nature has given
us....somethings are just too hard to copy...like bacterias....and who
wants to reverse engineer bacteria for this few years.

and when we look into the technology available for reverse engineering...we
are in fact getting close to how we have developed into a species of the
animal kingdom
.....eyes=optical digitisers, CT/MRI scanners
.......ears=radar, sonar scans
.........brain=software like Surfacer, MIMICS
............hands=rapid prototyping systems like FDM(the weaver), ZCorp(the
potter)

a lot of technologies that has been or in the process of RE like :-
.....**shark tooth for blade designs
........foot for shoes designs
.........facial for prosthetics
...........**ears that may one day be use for identification like
fingerprint or eyeball(iris) identification
.............dolphins silhoutte for torpedoes and submarines body designs
and a lot more.

does anyone has any new RE applications that looks promising to explore?

Sincerely,
joseph sim