RE: SGI Monitors

From: James Ogg (OggJ@HELISYS.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 22:29:59 EEST

By all means, save those monitors!

You probably can use them on your PC, but you may need a fixed frequency
graphics card for your PC. At home I use a Photon
( http://www.photonweb.com/) card with a Sun GDM10D20 monitor, and it
works out fairly well. However, Photon's software is a little buggy and
I'm not sure if they have an NT driver. Also, my only MSWindows video
game persists that the 3DMTV doesn't support 3D graphics features.

You may wish to try Mirage ( http://www.mirage-mmc.com/ ) or one of the
other card manufacturers. Both list supported SGI models on their
pages.