Re: Need Help in Prototyping a Metal Part

From: Peter SL Chan (IC) (ICPCHAN@inet.polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 08:55:21 EEST

Dear Jeffrey,
I would suggest you to use spin casting to cast your part in zinc or pewter after you completed your RP in SLA or any other processes.
The mold is made in heat resistant RTV and can be done within 3 days. I have done some projects successfully by this method.

rgds,
Peter Chan
Engineer
Hot Metal & Plastics Unit
Industrial Centre
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

>>> "Jeffrey D. Elliott" <jdelliott@progeng.com> 10/21 4:57 AM >>>
Hi List,

I have a customer needing a metal prototype. At this point the customer is not concerned about the type of metal.
The extents of the part.
X = 0.287in
Y = 0.287in
Z = 0.439in
Wall Thickness = 0.020in
Please provide any suggestions for prototyping this part.
I have a .stl file that is available if needed.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey D. Elliott
SLA Technician

Progressive Engineering, Inc.